Wood stove in chimney advice2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greentea

Hearth Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
North Shore
Here's a photo. It's 27" deep, 27" wide at the back and graduates to 53" at the front, 21" high at the back and graduates to 33" in the front.

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 165
Maybe I'm missing something here . . . but is there a question? Are you asking if you can put a woodstove or woodstove insert into your fireplace or asking for recommendations on a particular type of stove to put into this opening?

Edit: Never mind . . . I've been reading the posts back to front and just ran across the other post so now this all makes sense . . . I tell ya my mind is a terrible thing to waste. :) ;) Good luck with the stove -- a stove or insert would most likely make you much, much happier in terms of warmth compared to just using a fireplace.

I assume N. Shore is N. Shore MA- like Danvers or something. Take those dimensions to a good stove shoppe with reasonable brands and they can help you out. I would point you to the Stove Shoppe in Windham, NH- a little drive for you but they have a lot of stoves on the floor and they're in beautiful tax free NH- where you have the chance to run into me, and aint that what everyone wants- really?

That floor is beautiful, too nice to extend a hearth into (IMHO) - check hearth requirements, as the last post said. Some stoves will let you get away with very little, some demand a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.