Wood Stove Pellets make great kitty litter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmiser

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2011
Garnet Valley, PA
I get broken bags for free. The stuff works great. As it gets wet it turns to damp sawdust and NO TRACKING! No smell either.

and when it clumps up you can put it in a stove to burn right up! perfect.
just don't go outside when it's burning. :)

I believe pellets are sold for that purpose, with a considerable markup, in the grocery store.

We used to use something like that with our recently departed cat. She was born with a birth defect and only had one back leg, so she had some balance issues. We found the wood bothered her less than the clay when it would get stuck to her stubbie and she'd clean it off. Worked well.

Yea we used to buy it at the pet store. Then I found pellets for horses for about $6 a 40lb bag at TSC. Now I get them at a local stove shop for free. Can't beat that.. the best product for free!.

Our cat craps on what looks like broken up pellets and dust from the bottom of the bin at a pellet factory. It really does look like wood fuel pellets but broken up. Works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.