Wood Stove with no attic.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srks72

Sep 10, 2012
I bought a Pleasant Hearth Medium (1800 sq ft) for my home. I will be installing it in a room addition that was originally a screened in porch. The previous owner took out walls and now it is part of the kitchen in an open floor plan area. It is a sunroom/dining room/den area with 17 windows. The addition does not have an attic and is not tied in to the attic either. I want the wood stove installed in the middle of the exterior wall through the ceiling. Is this possible? I want to use double stove pipe up to the ceiling but don't know what to do then. Please help.

Yes, it sounds like you will need to install a cathedral ceiling support box to make this work.
Cathedral_box.JPG

srks72, be sure to keep in mind the height of the chimney. You probably will need a couple supports up above.

Status
Not open for further replies.