Wood to pickup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Hearth Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
I guess it's my addiction kicking in. Does anyone feel bad when u know there's wood but are too pre occupied/busy to pick it up.

Depends. If its a Craigslist opportunity, it is a crap shoot anyway. If it is a professional calling me, I rearrange my schedule. The good ones are nice enough to give you a day or two notice. They all have a long list of guys that may or may not show up, may or may not complain about it, may or may not take everything.

I have been driving past a couple perfect scrounges for months now. It kills me every time.

Oh. I cant drive BY a scrounge. Even CL scores- I'll run there @ any hour if its within 20 minutes of my house. I went on a CL run last Sat. nite at 10:30 P.M. !

YES!! I really don't like it when adult responsibilities intrude on my OCD activities!!

The DC area had the usual violent thunderstorms this summer, when we got back to town there were piles of partially cut-up trees all over. I eventually took a cord of elm from down the street, and there's a truckload or two's worth of maple (norway I think) nearby I keep meaning to find the time and space to get. Seems like the county is never going to take it. And then behind the neighbor's house I had already cut up two big downed red oaks, and one or two more fell. Years ago I would have had to get anything I saw, it was a compulsion. But now that I found a tree service that delivers I'm feeling lazy. (Also the oaks aren't going anywhere.)

I sure do respect all you hard working scroungers...if I had to scrounge I'd burn coal.

I have a scrounge I've been trying to finish picking up this week. I've taken 1 load out so far and the homeowner and tree service cut it All up. They even went down to 2" stuff!! Normally I wouldn't take such small branches but to clean up the yard and since it's all cunt to 16-18" it saved me a lot of work and time. Yes I feel bad that I can't get there sooner but it's all stacked out of the way at least.

well i got everything out of that place i could. all that is left is very, VERY large rounds. they are perfectly round. i called the tree service that hooked me up in the first place. i told them i couldn't get them out by myself. Bob is his name. he said he'd meet me there monday morning.. and he'd split them in place and help me load. WE'LL see!!!! if so this is the dream connection

Status
Not open for further replies.