Woodchuck 526

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RyanG80

Nov 23, 2019
Pennsylvania
Hey gang, this is my first post on here. I am not a newbie to burning wood for heat, but I am to the setup at our house we recently purchased. This is a woodchuck 526, 120,000 btu furnace. The 2 I am used to were DS stoves that were both pretty similar in design, but very different from this woodchuck in size and the damper setup. I am having a hard time getting this thing to have a nice, long burn. The manual claims these are designed for 6-8 hr burns, I'm getting 2-3 tops. I've played with the dampers with no luck. Just wondering if anyone with experience with one of these has any advice. Thanks!