1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Woodgun underground

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by mikefrommaine, Mar 7, 2013.

1. infinitymike

infinitymike Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    I'm still friggin laughing.
    that has to be the funny thing I read here.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. infinitymike

infinitymike Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Hey mike from maine your in the right proximity to be lost in the Wood Gun Triangle.
  3. Scotts Bum Wine

Scotts Bum Wine New Member

Loc:
    Western NY State
    Do all brands of wood gasification boilers elicit such a passionate following as Wood Gun does? You're like Harley riders or Corvette owners. :eek:)
  4. CTFIRE

CTFIRE Member

We are all a little "touched". Some more than others
  5. Owners of other boilers tend to come here ask a few questions. Make a few minor adjustments and go on their marry way. Woodgunners tend to stick around in hopes someone can get their wood gun to run right. Apparently they are a fickle and sensitive bunch that does not like to discuss their ways in public. Thus the formation of the underground.

You'd think they would listen to their grand Poohba Gasser and add storage to their systems.
  6. avc8130

avc8130 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    God's Gift to Gassification
    Or I could just continue to run the boiler. Since I bought my WG not once has my house been cold or my shower turtle-ing. Have there been issues? Sure. PLENTY of learning curve, not unlike the 177 post trying to figure out how to tune the EKO or 118 post trying to tune the Biomass.

The WG attempts to do something no other wood gasser does: run without storage. ALL but Fred seem to be happy with its performance. Gasser is the only known user WITH storage.

Not really quite sure why YOU have such a hatred (*jealousy*), it's not like the WG has ever burned YOU personally.

ac
  7. Scotts Bum Wine

Scotts Bum Wine New Member

Loc:
    Western NY State
    I may be throwing gasoline on a fire, but what the heck! It's Friday night. Don't Greenwood's run w/o storage? :D
    mikefrommaine likes this.
  8. avc8130

avc8130 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    God's Gift to Gassification
    Is the Greenwood a downdraft gasser?

There must be a Greenwood Underground. Those boilers aren't discussed much on this forum so the owners must hide in the shadows.

Can "Greenwood" boiler burn green wood?
  9. 711mhw

711mhw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western ME
    It's just the Ford/Chevy, Stihl/Husky thing. They all get the job done & keep us warm, it's just the number of do-dads and gizmos you like. I still order my trucks with manual locking hubs!;lol