Woodpiles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea all 11 fingers and 12 toes attached and well ( jersey water lol) check out the other thread " new hearth for nc30" that didnt go very safely, but everyone is fine

Yup, got close to 3 cord in rounds, stacked next to the woodpile we're currently using. I figure come spring when it's all gone I'll pull the splitter over there and get it worked up and stacked.

I just can't leave an empty stack area to set there. Gotta fill it. :)

View attachment 148450
Put it on pallets to keep it away from moisture and help the airflow, when you stack dont put those large pieces face to face it lessens the air flow .
Keep up the good work .Just what I do but who am I ?

Reactions: Fred Wright
I have burned mostly pine so far this season and replaced it with elm, maple and oak. I started the boiler with 31.5 cord CSS and I'm fairly sure I will shut it off with close to 35 cord and none of it will be pine.

Went and cut a mixed load of Fir and Madrona today. Always happy when I can get some Madrona. Its the only real hardwood around here but they usually don't grow real big and aren't real plentiful. Also had my brother in law's mini excavator for a couple days and cut some small trees around my property. Best tool ever for handling wood. I think I'm starting to get 2 years ahead.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419997754144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419997754144.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 83
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419997769804.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419997769804.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: kennyp2339
I think Im going to start looking for a small 4 wheel drive tractor with front end loader and backhoe attachment, it just seems easier with a machine, I was able to last winter buck up a couple large tree's using a minihoe, it made sawing unbelievable faster and my back didn't hurt at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.