Woodstock Fireview Interam gasket question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdonna

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 16, 2008
mn
I am going to swap back to the ceramic cat. to see the performance difference between the ss cat.

I replaced the gasket per instructions and it seems loose in the cat holder, I get it will expand some.

Question is... do you wrap the gasket twice around the outside of the ceramic cat or just once? It looks like in the schematic that it only goes around once, but there is plenty of wiggle room in the cat holder that way.

I noticed that my ss cat only had one wrap of interam gasket on it for frame of reference if anyone is replacing their gasket.

Pretty sure it's wrapped around just once but it looks like there are 3 or 4 layers between the two cats before it wraps around the whole thing. Also wrap it with some regular masking tape to hold it all together.

Thanks Todd .

The middle is doubled up according to the diagram. Looking forward to firing it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.