Woodstock has new Steal Hybrid info posted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with much of what webbie said. I don't believe for one second that Woodstock is pushing innovation because they're good people who don't mind wasting profit. They do it because they know it excites a certain portion of the wood stove customer base... their segment. They sell premium stoves at very premium prices, and simply can't afford to be another "me too.".

I'm also surprised to hear that the stoves market is in decline, after the severe weather events of the last two years, in particular. My impression was that we're on a sudden and drastic up tick, at least here in the northeast.
I'm thinking the same thing. Last week around here I've seen a lot of fire wood being hauled already... I'm thinking people are getting more independent, afraid of fuel prices going sky high... I went to get water filters for my Berky filter system, they said they are swamped with people gearing up for and uncertain future.. Plus wood stoves don't need power to run.. easier to scrounge fire wood then pellets in a crisis..

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.