1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Woodstock Keystone -advice,comments,suggestions

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by phil san, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Congratulations. Please keep us posted as you go along. Make sure you have a good plan for getting it into the house because it is heavy. We left the stove right in the crate until we got to the hearth, then tore the crate apart. Worked really nice. This is what we put the crate on to move the stove.

Furniture dolly.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. phil san

phil san Member

Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    Plan on loading in van on a small platform truck. Drive to and back up to house steps with a ramp. Roll through the house right to the hearth in the crate and then move it on. I'll send a pic of the platform and then my idea of moving the beast onto the hearth.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    It may well be your last stove; You will absolutely love it! :)
    My BIL is buying the Fv from me, moving from a smoke-bomber to a clean-burning classic stove. :cool: I can heat this place with the Ks; He's got more sq.ft. at his place. I like the metallic blue, which I've got on both of my Woodies. It's not blue like in the picture on the web site....more of a medium gray with a faint blue tinge to it.
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    If you want this to be your last stove don't hang around here. LOL
    gregbesia and Woody Stover like this.
  5. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    True dat!
  6. phil san

phil san Member

Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    I was going with the charcoal since the black seems too contrasting to the light stone IMHO. The blue if as you described seems nice, trouble is when I look at their web site it varies from a powder bright blue to a grey blue.
    On 1st look, would some one say your FV is blue or not sure?

Maybe I should get two!!!!!!!
  7. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I think you need to take the trip up to Woodstock and check them out.
  8. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The color of the paint is hard to repro exactly on a computer screen. Also, it will change depending on the lighting, even in your own home. A field trip sounds like fun! That way you can pick the stones too.
  9. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Yep, hard to get true color on a screen. I would try to get some pics of mine but there's not much sunlight in here with the small windows and trees shading the house, and a camera flash would make bring out the blue more. It would be hard to tell even at the factory unless they have some stoves that are burned in. The paint color mellows and the stone darkens after several firings. But no, no one would describe my stoves as "blue." My SIL has the Fv in black and yes, it has quite a bit of contrast even though her stone is really dark. I've never seen a charcoal but I'd think it and the blue are not too far apart in contrast or even color for that matter....only guessing here, though.

Well, I took a bit of a bath selling the Fv to my BIL but I'm glad I got the chance to experience burning both stoves. It's nice that they live right down the block; I'll still get to play with "my" Fv! ::-)
  10. phil san

phil san Member

Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    I would love to visit Woodstock and just browse all day.
    I live south of Boston so the trip is just 3 hours. Trouble is going through, around, underneath or anyway north past Boston is pure hell. Add another hour to hour and a half at least.
  11. Oldhippie

Oldhippie Minister of Fire

That's a pretty stove in that color combo Dennis.
  12. Oldhippie

That keystone is a nice stove too. No wrong answer on that score.. just a matter of taste in the looks, and little size difference.
  13. Oldhippie

What color?!
  14. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    They are open Saturdays, if that would help with traffic.
    Take a truck and save on shipping + get a $50 discount for factory pick-up. Woohoo! :)