Woodstock Minimum Ceiling Clearance Requirement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renovation

Oct 26, 2010
SW MI near Saugatuck
Hi Folks,

The updated info on the new Woodstock has me fantasizing about installation options, including minimum ceiling clearance. ("Hearth.com--at least it's not crack!")

My searches here haven't turned up anything. My search of Woodstock's manuals for the Fireview says has turned up nothing about ceiling requirements or alcove installations. The only restriction I've found is in the installation section Fireplace Installation where it says:

The same clearances from your stove and stove pipe apply to both fireplace and freestanding installations. Be particularly careful to check clearances to a wood mantle, or a wood fireplace facade. You must maintain a 30” clearance to an unprotected wood mantle.

30" would be easy for me to work with.

Can anyone offer me any guidance? I've emailed Woodstock with my question (and thermostat wish) and will post the results here.

George, the best I can give is from the manual, page 9 where it states 30" minimum clearance to an unprotected wood mantle.

Feel free to email Woodstock on this or better yet, call them. Let us know what you find out.

Backwoods Savage said:
George, the best I can give is from the manual, page 9 where it states 30" minimum clearance to an unprotected wood mantle.

Feel free to email Woodstock on this or better yet, call them. Let us know what you find out.

Thanks Dennis! I've emailed them, and will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.