1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Woodstock or Jotul

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Ian, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Yes it does Ian. Of all the time I've been on this forum, that is the best thing I learned. Before our remodel and adding lots of insulation, we did have some problems keeping the far rooms warm when the temperature really fell. I read about this little trick and it did not seem to make sense at first but I had to experiment. I was amazed how quickly those far rooms heated up.
    raybonz likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Flamestead

Flamestead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Windsor County, Vermont
    Well I learn something new - it is much too old to be a foursquare (I had thought four-square was a general description rather than a particular style). Post and beam, hip roof, built in 1797. It is on the National Register of Historic Places as a Georgian, but others have described it as a mixture of Colonial and Federal (has palladian windows, but few other Federal embellishments ). There are very few around this boxy (40x44) with the two internal chimneys.
  3. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    That is amazing and scary at the same time.
  4. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Those numbers are with the heat shield installed. Currently the Defiant is sitting at 550, the heat shield is 100 degrees, and the back wall is 83 degrees.