Woodstock Progress Hybrid Smoke Smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PM sent.

Just wanted to give an update to my Woodstock Progress Hybrid smoke smell problem. To recap the problem - I have a early model Progress purchased in June of 2012. From day one I have had a smoke smell problem coming from the right rear top of the stove and the loading door. I contacted Lorin at Woodstock in December 2013 and she told me they were working on a fix for the original models. In April of 2014 Woodstock shipped me the 'fix' at no charge and sent a link to a video on you tube with instructions for the repair. Basically they came up with updated gasket system for the door and the cooktop, and a channel smoke block for the door hinges. The repair was very straight forward and easy to do. As an extra step I also installed an Outside Air Kit. I am very happy to report the repairs have been an overwhelming success. The stove is performing wonderfully with no smoke smell. Many thanks to the good folks at Woodstock.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Status
Not open for further replies.