Woodstove for my barn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

george2c

Dec 1, 2011
SWPA
Hi All, Very cold here in SW Pa. I have A brunco 150 hooked in to the duct work for the house and we have been nice and toasty. I have A pole barn aprox. 800 sq ft that is insulated pretty good. I go out there a few evenings per week to tinker around and just get away and drink beer. I want to put a woodburning stove in out there. There is nothing better than kicking back and watching the fire while having a beer.
Now there is a company close to me called nickos chimney. I have never dealt with them but have heard good things, wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them? Also am I better to just have a real chimney built with the teracota tile inside like my house chimney or go prefab as nickos suggested.

Nickos said just run the single wall up to the ceiling then staight up threw with triple wall pipe, up threw the 2nd floor and out the roof. I have never had any experience using that chimney pipe. What would you do. With the price of the triple wall pipe will it last?

I want a good woodstove that has glass in front to see the fire.. Thanks!!

I'd do it like they suggest and it will keep more heat inside and work better. Will last you plenty long. Get a bigger stove than you'd think you need. It's not that you need a huge stove to do that space, but it's that you can warm up a place that was just sitting previously unheated if you decide you need to do work out there.

Not sure what you're planning for a stove, but you might want to buy something second-hand on craigslist. No sense spending top dollar on something brand new for a barn. You can probably get something decent for the barn for a few hundred bucks.

Thanks guys for the replies. I thought of craigslist but I dont think they would install it unless I buy it from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.