Woodstove Wall Backing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Northern NH Mike

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 2, 2008
Northern NH
Hello All,

I am doing some painting and thinking about the wall behind my stove. I've looked online at some designs. The stove is in the corner. I'm curious what folks here have. Any descriptions or pictures to get my mind going would be much appreciated.

Hello All,

I am doing some painting and thinking about the wall behind my stove. I've looked online at some designs. The stove is in the corner. I'm curious what folks here have. Any descriptions or pictures to get my mind going would be much appreciated.
Painted sheetrock. Just like the rest of the wall. I would like to do something more aesthetically hearth like. Since the double wall stove pipe is only 10" from the sheetrock, I am limited to a 4" mantle if it's combustible.

Reactions: Northern NH Mike
1646313264569.png
We started out with painted sheetrock, but a few years back opted to get a little fancier. Interlocking porcelain tile which mimics the look of stacked stone, framed out in simple pine trim.

Reactions: all night moe
View attachment 292999We started out with painted sheetrock, but a few years back opted to get a little fancier. Interlocking porcelain tile which mimics the look of stacked stone, framed out in simple pine trim.
Thank you, this is what I have had in my head; adding some tiles and a wood frame.

Painted sheetrock. Just like the rest of the wall. I would like to do something more aesthetically hearth like. Since the double wall stove pipe is only 10" from the sheetrock, I am limited to a 4" mantle if it's combustible.
Thank you, that is where I am at this point. I do have more clearance with the double wall.