Woohoo!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3pro

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
53 degrees, windy, raining, a day off, wife is at work = time to start the fire!!! Supposed to get up to the upper seventies this weekend so I figure it's a good time to burn off the summer dust and give it a test before it's needed. Second year I used it, must have learned something; first fire started much better then last year! Burning mostly pallet wood with a few small weird shaped pieces I brought in before the rain. The one thing about this season, it gets my fix of burning; takes many small loads of pallet wood. I have three cut up in the garage, it's so nice!!! I was impressed though almost no smoke even though not the best conditions. Living room 20 feet away went from 71 - 77 degrees, the stove room is 85! Going out to get the trash cans and mail since the rain slowed down, need to cool off!!!!

Happy burning guys!

Attachments

• 0911091005-00.jpg
    0911091005-00.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 322
  • fire01.jpg
    fire01.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 327
  • fire02.jpg
    fire02.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 318
I must say I thought about it too. Once I get the beast going it takes a long time to cool down. I would have had to open lots of windows to keep it from becoming a sauna.
I know the first fire is not too far away though.

Seems like your cat is also enjoying the fire . . . nice view of the fire by the way.

thought about it too just to dry out and warm up

I said never in September. Well that all changed today. Got a little fire going just to throw the chill out. Cold rain and wind in CT all day. Besides, now the wife is happy. When momma is happy everyone is happy!

KC

Chilly and rainy all day here and the cat coming down to look at me every once in while giving me that "Well, when are you gonna light it?" look. Told him that is what he has that fur coat for.

BrotherBart said:
Chilly and rainy all day here and the cat coming down to look at me every once in while giving me that "Well, when are you gonna light it?" look. Told him that is what he has that fur coat for.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.