Work for this Weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Starting to work back in the woods this weekend splitting plus cutting, here are some pictures of the cherry plus basswood that are in the same area that I have to split.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0321.jpg
    100_0321.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 334
  • 100_0291.jpg
    100_0291.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_0293.jpg
    100_0293.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 100_0243-1.jpg
    100_0243-1.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 358
zap I beleave your ready to tackle an Indiana Monster Silver Maple! (keep it out ot the houses drive and sidewalk PLEASE)

smokinjay said:
zap I beleave your ready to tackle an Indiana Monster Silver Maple! (keep it out ot the houses drive and sidewalk PLEASE)

I'm clueless, what are you talking about?

zap

Snow sure left fast.
Is that all "blow down" from the recent storm?

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

I'm clueless, what are you talking about?

zap
You have Improve a lot any new pic's of tree's that you have felled (stump)? The term keep it out ot the houses drive and sidewalk PLEASE is one of them things a home ower will say after the tree has been notch back cut wedges and rigging set.
Always makes me laugh in a otherwies stressful last sec.s when you are sure everything was done right, and you know its going to hit the landing zone...

Your woods are going to look like you have a landscaping crew on staff Zap. Enjoy the pre bug season.

bogydave said:
Snow sure left fast.
Is that all "blow down" from the recent storm?

Bogy those pictures are from late Nov 09 early Dec 09, I think the date stamp is on the pics. That area does get the most sun but I'm sure we still have some snow back there, will take some pics Saturday.

Zap

Zap, it looks like that other tree (looks like cherry) may as well come down too while you are working there. That bad spot at the bottom spells trouble for the future. May as well get it while you are there.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, it looks like that other tree (looks like cherry) may as well come down too while you are working there. That bad spot at the bottom spells trouble for the future. May as well get it while you are there.

Sav your right it's Cherry so after I get the basswood plus the other cherry split I will take care of it.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.