work in progress...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailblaze

Hearth Supporter
Aug 20, 2008
South West PA
as most of you know i bought a Dutch West Stove...haha

anyway, heres some pics of my work in progress...it took me 2 days to get that rock jig-saw puzzle tight...

and heres a pic of the "everburner" if any of you followed my other thread does this look the same as yours?

HPIM2395.jpg

HPIM2394.jpg

HPIM2398.jpg

HPIM2401.jpg

That chamber looks very similar to my avalon arbor. Also, I notice it looks like plywood directly under the stone. If you haven't planned to, I would definitely put at least one layer of 1/2 inch durarok over the plywood before putting the stone. It is probably necessary to meet requirements, but even if it's not, it's still a good thing to do. Also, those stones vary in thickness. Make sure you choosed nice, flat, even peices for directly under each of the stove legs(or base). It's a nice setup. I'm sure it will look beautiful!

hah oh yeah i forgot... i'm puttin 3 layers of durock down next... just wanted to move the rocks on the plywood...

the rocks are within 1/4-1/2 in apart at the most...but my stove legs have levelers

That'll be a nice hearth when it's finished. The stove looks pretty slick too! But of course we can wait to see it hot and with a fire in it.

Nice to see someone taking the time to get the stones nice and tight, highlighting the stone work and not the mortar!

Wow thats going to be nice. Wish I would have thought of that LOL ;-P

That hearth looks real nice. That must be the new refractory shoe in the back as well. Maybe it's just that I havent looked at mine recently, but the 3 bore holes in the middle are a stark contrast to my design. And those two large bore holes on top I'm betting will really help w/ some of the flow issues that have been discussed here. Much larger than any of the bore holes I have on my DW.

Keep up posted once you fire that baby up when the weather gets cool! And while this doesnt distinguish DW/VC stoves from other mfgr's, but make sure you have excessive ventilation available for the burn in fires. That shiny enamel *really* stinks for the first few burns.

Looking good got to love the roybi combo kit!

yeah... the install guy was pretty cool... he left it so i could finish my hearth..

guy was about 65ish, 150 lbs and didn't have much of a problem in a joint lift of the stove off the pallet.....

best thing is he charged me $1,275. to pick up and deliver my stove, install 14 feet of double wall and 5 feet of single with a ceiling and roof box. cap and mesh and any other needed stuff.... i couldn't have probably done it much cheaper

Wait a second- that doesn't include the cost of the stove and all the pipe, right? If that's just a delivery and install price, it's not that great afterall. I'm guessing it includes the cost of the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.