Working the stove the hardest yet this season..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Well, the season is still young but it's a pretty chilly day here in NH. Windy too! Our house was down to 58 when I got home, so I've got the 30 cranking. It's nice to load it up and let it do its thing. The secondaries are rolling long, no smoke from the chimney, and the blower's throwing warm air out into the room. I got it so warm earlier I can smell my new stove pipe curing a bit more. None of those pansy small shoulder season fires today!

I see a Long Trail in my future.

Nice to have a serious heater online isn't it? Let me guess where that trail will soon be leading to...

Attachments

• wood-in-snow.jpg
    wood-in-snow.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 294
Ah, that Long Trail. In that case, go behind the woodpile :).

No problem here, I'll sit with a Deschutes.

Thought you might be interested in the shirt I just happen to be wearing as I read this thread:

LongTrail.jpg

We are up in Vermont this weekend on a mini-vacation (also a brew fest going on here, hurray beer!), I was wearing this shirt and walked into a local store here and the guy behind the counter goes "did you hear that long trail just got sold to some big company?"

please tell me it isn't so!

Next time I'm back east I will definitely give it a try. There are so many cool microbrews in the country now. I may have to retire and make tasting them a full time occupation.

Well, I just did some digging around google and didn't turn up any news about it. Even wikipedia, which is pretty quick in its entries didn't have anything. I think we're safe for now. Budweiser was sold of course.

BeGreen said:
Nice to have a serious heater online isn't it? Let me guess where that trail will soon be leading to...

I certainly hope that picture is last winter Feb maybe? dont tell me you have that much snow in Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.