WOW 86 Viruses on my sister in laws computer did I say WOW!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

My sister in law was complaining about a slow computer I a reformed mac lover haven't touched windows in years but volunteered to help her out ( Mistake ) ! I found that she had 7 Yes 7 anti viruses running at the same time 2 of which questionable at best. After uninstalling them and about 40 other questionable programs the sucker flies right along now. Next I tackled the browser and found TONS AND TONS of add ons slowing it down most of which look like adware and spyware themselves! WOW how can people do this to there investment. I installed avast and found 79 viruses and then removed it and used avg and found 7 more avast missed. When she called and said how is it going I literally yelled RRRAAAARRRRRRRRRR. Then said I am glad I love you like a sister hahahaha . By the way this is not a mac vs pc battle so please don't make it one! Windows is a safe os if used right as is anything Linux, Unix and so on.

Pete

Ya my anger typing is pretty bad lol but then it is always bad haha. I have discovered that when it comes to typing my brain does not connect to my fingers.

Wow. Having two anti-virus programs working at the same time is bad. It is a wonder the thing even worked.

btw Pete, I purchased the avast program and what a nightmare it turned out to be. Hopefully they will refund the dollars but we'll see. One of the worst problems was trying to talk to the people as it was difficult to understand them and for them to understand me. It mostly turned out to be bull so I asked for a refund.

Thats strange what was it doing ? pm me maybe I can help it served us well when we had windows.

Backwoods Savage said:
Wow. Having two anti-virus programs working at the same time is bad. It is a wonder the thing even worked.

btw Pete, I purchased the avast program and what a nightmare it turned out to be. Hopefully they will refund the dollars but we'll see. One of the worst problems was trying to talk to the people as it was difficult to understand them and for them to understand me. It mostly turned out to be bull so I asked for a refund.

If you used a credit card ask them for help. Tax Slayer gave me trouble last year. Said "no refunds" period. I called Visa and had a full refund credited to my account in 3 days.

I have used the free version of Avast for years without problem. Biggest pain was e-mailing for a new licence key every year.
It's just a click away now, key is downloaded and registered in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.