WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
i went 40 miles don the road today to berkshire cty mass
i went into a stove store that had all kinds of good stuff... morsos, hamptons, vc , austroflamm and some euro stuff i never heard of (he also had hearthstone what beautiful stoves)
HOWEVER, i asked how much for the hampton hi300 enamel he had on display
his answer was 3500! i then said so " thats kinda cool .. what kind of liner do you get with it... I then got a dumb look and he said "liner" and i said yeah that includes liner and install right... he laughed and said no thats all separate!!! i almost died!!!! that was 40-50 miles west of me if i drive 30 miles north the price is 2500!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i asked how much for the austroflamm pellet he said a little over 4000...
what a difference the direction you drive makes!!!!

As the yellow pages says - let your fingers do the walking!

A $1000 difference is way out of hand! In my store, we were usually dealing with a hundred or at most two hundred either way - and even that was usually because of different brand names!

Webmaster said:
As the yellow pages says - let your fingers do the walking!

A $1000 difference is way out of hand! In my store, we were usually dealing with a hundred or at most two hundred either way - and even that was usually because of different brand names!
i was shocked you are from western mass i was in the Berkshires with the high prices and in the whately area for the lower end..and also the Guy in West Springfield was about the same as whately... but 1000 more seems like robbery!

When I left the Berkshires they were buying up decrepit barns at 250-300K. Made it hard for the local folk to survive there.

iceman said:
i went 40 miles don the road today to berkshire cty mass
i went into a stove store that had all kinds of good stuff... morsos, hamptons, vc , austroflamm and some euro stuff i never heard of (he also had hearthstone what beautiful stoves)
HOWEVER, i asked how much for the hampton hi300 enamel he had on display
his answer was 3500! i then said so " thats kinda cool .. what kind of liner do you get with it... I then got a dumb look and he said "liner" and i said yeah that includes liner and install right... he laughed and said no thats all separate!!! i almost died!!!! that was 40-50 miles west of me if i drive 30 miles north the price is 2500!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i asked how much for the austroflamm pellet he said a little over 4000...
what a difference the direction you drive makes!!!!

Think Tanglewood

I used to hunt in that part of the state ( oh the horror ) and we stayed in a decent hotel for around $40.00 a night for two guys and two beds. During Tanglewood/leaf peeping season the price for that same room, per person double occupancy $125.00

Those are indeed the beautiful people in that neck of the woods, I bet its BYOB at their house parties too.

Webwidow-
Naw, the BEST chocolates are made by Burdocks, in Walpole, NH.
Wife bought some to take to her sister in PA.
The box was about 5"x5"
maybe-12-15 pieces- tiny little things, Wife tells me it was $28.00 !!! (I fainted)
but, I did eat a couple- they were fantastic.... but way out of my league.
I love Chocolate- but will stick with the 3 for a buck Hersheys bars at the discount store. :)

If fresh, Hersheys is good chocolate!

booshcat said:
"Those are indeed the beautiful people in that neck of the woods, I bet its BYOB at their house parties too. "

Bring Your Own Bong?

No, it's the Low-Carber response - bring your own BREAD :coolsmile:

Gooserider said:
booshcat said:
"Those are indeed the beautiful people in that neck of the woods, I bet its BYOB at their house parties too. "

Bring Your Own Bong?

I don't know waht kind of parties they're having but any I've ever been to if you thought the "B" stood for bread......

Webwidow said:
OT; next time you are up that way stop in for some of the most wonderful chocolate in the US. Located in Lenox. Pricey but simply the best! Chocolate Springs, www.chocolatesprings.com

i am guilty i stop almost everytme i go up (keep in mind i am on the clock)

Shane said:
Gooserider said:
booshcat said:

Bring Your Own Bong?

I don't know waht kind of parties they're having but any I've ever been to if you thought the "B" stood for bread......

The ones Mary-Anne and I host are like that - take a look at the Hearth Party thread from the gathering we hosted last summer - I'll supply home brewed mead, some of my ancient beer, and plenty of meat, but we don't purchase bread, pasta, rice, etc. - so our parties really are "Bring Your Own Bread" - or eat the burgers off a plate like we do.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.