Xmas eve HX project.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
a961ab73a40ea710cc92850bb6410ff9.jpg

Cleaning up the plates for my DHW heat exchanger.

Reactions: Kelster
That is one heck of a HX. Do you have to clean it occasionally? I've been told that oversizing a plate HX can drop the channel velocities and the tend to lime up more frequently??

That is an awesome heat exchanger. Your HX cleaning is somehow in keeping with the season. I started the holiday plunging drains slowed with slime mold on Christmas morning.
We live right!

Have a Merry Christmas!
Nothing like clean HX and drains to make the day merry!

I have to come clean guys .. I pulled a 14 hour Gyrd shift at work last night . That HX is a cooler for Cat 3512b. It was the annual cleaning, the cooling media is sea water, they get plugged up pretty good with sea weed ,slime etc. I've cleaned dozens of them over the years . And yes Kelster we use CLR and pressure washer, they don't work to well if you get the plates mixed up. A little frigid up where you are -22c.

Merry Xmas Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.