yeah another eko door seal thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medman said:
1. Gasket material is available from other sources, but any I have found require a minimum order - around 100 feet or so.

2. Red sealant is rated for 600*F, black for 450*F, otherwise, I don't see a difference. It is really sticky and doesn't wipe off cleanly like regular silicone - very messy!

Just as a curiosity question - how does the pricing from those other sources compare to the EKO price if you divide that 100' minimum by the length in the EKO kit? That might give a better idea of how much markup there is...

Gooserider

My new door seal came in yesterday hope to have it installed this weekend. I already have the barometric damper installed so we houldbe good to go. hopefully I can get away without the power draft inducer. thingy

Medman said:
I hav installed the gasket - pics are in another thread. I had to back the door hinges out a few turns, and it is still tight. The gasket fits in the groove nicely, but the door is a little hard to close - I had to push on it a bit. I think it will settle into the groove with some heat, but I have not had a chance to fire the boiler yet to find out.

Yes that is what I got. Medman thanks for confirming it's correct and showing it installed.

RE : Zenon
It always seemed odd to me that he was both a distributor and a dealer , not a smart situation for the manufacturer or the dealers. I saw the same thing happen in the telecommunications industry a few years back and it led to a number of companies going under that didn't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.