Year 5 with the Harman Absolute63...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maladjusted

Mar 2, 2017
Richmond VA
Shoulder season for year 5 has started. This stove has been absolutely flawless. There is not 1 thing I can complain about. (maybe how dirty the glass gets?). This thing just plows through the cheapest pellets I can find heating our 3400 SqFt two level house. (the heat pump only comes on upstairs for two hrs in the morning, otherwise it is all pellet heated). I would do this again in a heartbeat.

So glad you like your and its working so so well for you...I think I am going to like my stove too...Pellet stoves like you have really heat a lot of space and so much easier to handle I think and 3400 feet house is a big one too. My house is really small but so happy for you because your happy with your wonderful...thanks for sharing...old clancey

Our central furnace has not been on yet this year... It won't be on until it's bitter cold out and then maybe once or twice a day.

So glad you like your and its working so so well for you...I think I am going to like my stove too...Pellet stoves like you have really heat a lot of space and so much easier to handle I think and 3400 feet house is a big one too. My house is really small but so happy for you because your happy with your wonderful...thanks for sharing...old clancey
Nice to hear a good report. Thanks!!

Shoulder season for year 5 has started. This stove has been absolutely flawless. There is not 1 thing I can complain about. (maybe how dirty the glass gets?). This thing just plows through the cheapest pellets I can find heating our 3400 SqFt two level house. (the heat pump only comes on upstairs for two hrs in the morning, otherwise it is all pellet heated). I would do this again in a heartbeat.
Glad you're happy with the Absolute 63....I'm curious as to the noise generated by this relatively new Harman model. Can you tell me if it's fairly quiet or loud compared to other Harman models or other brand of stoves?

I ask as I'm contemplating replacing my nearly ten year old Harman P61A with the Absolute 63 or just replacing all the motors in my P61A....Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....

Glad you're happy with the Absolute 63....I'm curious as to the noise generated by this relatively new Harman model. Can you tell me if it's fairly quiet or loud compared to other Harman models or other brand of stoves?

I ask as I'm contemplating replacing my nearly ten year old Harman P61A with the Absolute 63 or just replacing all the motors in my P61A....Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....
Is it silent?.... no. Obnoxious? also no. When it is bitter cold and the stove is at maximum output the blower is fairly loud, but not loud enough to drown normal conversation. It has a "Whisper mode" that cuts the fan speed in half. I actually enjoy hearing the unit fire at 5:30 in the morning... and coming down at 6:30 to a warm kitchen!

Is it silent?.... no. Obnoxious? also no. When it is bitter cold and the stove is at maximum output the blower is fairly loud, but not loud enough to drown normal conversation. It has a "Whisper mode" that cuts the fan speed in half. I actually enjoy hearing the unit fire at 5:30 in the morning... and coming down at 6:30 to a warm kitchen!
I like the whisper mode idea.......And there's nothing like the warm feeling one experiences from wood or pellet heat. No other heat source comes close in my opinion....Although radiant floor heat is damn close i suppose.

Reactions: Don2222