Yearly cleanout ...no problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockreid

Hearth Supporter
May 7, 2008
Stamford, CT
well, I went up to the roof and popped the top cap off my chimney..the grill on the cap was coated pretty good with creosote and I knocked all that out with a screwdriver. My 3 cords of first year wood I burned was not seasoned very well. I looked into the 6 inch liner in my chimney expecting the worst, but surprisingly there was just a little thin layer of that stuff, way less than 1/4 inch. Cleaning the liner with a brush and rod setup took about 10 minutes, and while not sparkling it is back down to pretty much bare metal. The pile of creosote in my Jotul Rockland was about 1.5 pints or so.

I also got delivery of another 3 cords of green wood for burning 2 years from now. Now off to stack :(

Burning clean and mean. Keep it up and enjoy that stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.