1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

You ain't going to believe this thing!

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by WoodChoppa, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Bill1472

Bill1472 Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    what does one of these thing cost?,
    does anyone know?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Como

Como Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado
    I went through the site.

It seems to me it is like a giant chest freezer with a chimney on the back, a blower on the side and an auger at the back.

No mention or any suggestion that it gassifys.

The only comparison with a Garn is that the Firebox is about the size of one.

I am assuming that if loaded with seasoned wood it might not smoke that much at full blast, however that would not seem to be the likely method of operation, chop the tree, cut it into 10ft lengths, pop it in.

I guess a water jacketed chimney would cool the exhaust a bit. I just can not imagine if it was putting out nearly 2 million btus on full blast that it would cool that much.

At full blast it might go through a cord in 7 hours, the implication is that you would normally load it once every 7 days. A lot of smouldering.