You ain't going to believe this thing!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what does one of these thing cost?,
does anyone know?

I went through the site.

It seems to me it is like a giant chest freezer with a chimney on the back, a blower on the side and an auger at the back.

No mention or any suggestion that it gassifys.

The only comparison with a Garn is that the Firebox is about the size of one.

I am assuming that if loaded with seasoned wood it might not smoke that much at full blast, however that would not seem to be the likely method of operation, chop the tree, cut it into 10ft lengths, pop it in.

I guess a water jacketed chimney would cool the exhaust a bit. I just can not imagine if it was putting out nearly 2 million btus on full blast that it would cool that much.

At full blast it might go through a cord in 7 hours, the implication is that you would normally load it once every 7 days. A lot of smouldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.