1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

You Have to Check Out This Craigslist Entry

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by TX-L, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX-L

TX-L Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Tug Hill State Forest, NY

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Man the potential for disaster is off the charts on that mod! That's a bomb waiting to happen!

Ray
  3. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    WOW.

Assuming nobody gets killed, good luck getting your homeowners insurance to pay when the fire department finds this in the ashes of your former house.......
  4. rover47

rover47 Member

Loc:
    Albany New York
    I have a differnt take on it. Maybe he put that valve on there to adjust the air for the secondaries. But.....If he was hooking gas there.............. boom! :bug:
  5. TX-L

TX-L Burning Hunk

Loc:
    There is a flare fitting on the valve, indicating a piece of copper would be connected with a flare nut.

Even more proof of gas: the title of the ad says "gas assisted start and burn".

My buddy says we should take a road trip and get it for camp! (But I already have a Lopi at camp... albeit a naturally aspirated one.)
  6. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Pretty stupid, but the stove still looks to be in good shape and the price is right. Just take off the gas thingy, plug it up and it would probably be a decent stove.
  7. woodgeek

woodgeek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE PA
    and save a life at the same time!
  8. HotCoals

HotCoals Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    I read it twice and it seems he put another tube inside to burn propane ..sorta like a gas grill.
  9. HotCoals

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    You could mount a turbo on the side..me..I'm thinking supercharger..on the Apex that is. cheers!
    Nice sled you have.
  10. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    I was thinking about that too Todd.. Seems if it is in good shape you may be able to remove the gas line and demodify that stove.. The price would certainly be right if it was an easy fix..

Ray
  11. TX-L

TX-L Burning Hunk

Loc:

Off topic: Thanks, it's an almost completely restored TX, I ride it a little each year, mostly just to have people ooh and aah over it at a local drag race or restaurant. Many have asked if it's for sale. I have an Apex as well. Not charged, though... My friend has a D&D installed supercharger on his Nytro -- quite impressive. He can blow past me when my speedo is 120 +/- on a lake or plowed road, but now he can't ride over 80 miles due to his small tank and the requirement for 112(+) octane, so he has sort of ruined it in my opinion. Not to mention the COST of that high octane fuel. He actually now needs another sled for normal trail riding; looks like his Quebec trips are over.
  12. HotCoals

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    I don't have a supercharger ..yet..lol.
    I don't think a hi-jack in this thread would be frowned upon to much...lol.
    Just wanted to add that I'm Capt.Storm on hardcoresledder.com..maybe you have been there?
    If not check it out!
  13. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    PM's work well for many things that take a thread off course

pen
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.