You know you're a woodburner when...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
You know the brand and model chainsaw Clark Griswold used to "fix" the newel post.

or...

You know the brand stove in the bridge keeper's house scene of It's a Wonderful Life.

... keep 'em coming.

You notice downed trees as you drive, and wonder if it would be ok if I came back and got that?
Everybody does that.

Right? ;em

btw... since no one has said it yet, Clark's saw was a McCulloch Pro 610:

1671657280162.png1671657310774.png

Neighbors on both sides ask, "Do you really need all that wood [9 cords] to heat your house ? "

Reactions: ispinwool
Neighbors on both sides ask, "Do you really need all that wood [9 cords] to heat your house ? "
9 cords...nice hobby...when you gonna go pro?! ;) :p ;lol

You drive or walk by a house and say to the person next to you, "Whoa, that chimney's not to code! Look at that!"

Neighbors you don't know come to you because they've heard you're the guy in the neighborhood who will clean up downed limbs or drop a tree for the wood.

... or you don't understand why Karen at the office isn't impressed by your memorization of the sharpening angles for RS3 vs. Pico chains.

... or you don't understand why Karen at the office isn't impressed by your memorization of the sharpening angles for RS3 vs. Pico chains.
That's like talking engines, most people have no idea what you are talking about and just tune right out. The worst I've gotten was bumping into another property owner while hunting, we talked about the property boundaries and where was safe to hunt (I was hundreds of feet away from the line before he called me over...). The guy was worried about me shooting a buck over the property line, even after I said I was hunting small upland game animals (hares, squirrel, grouse, etc.). Finally I mentioned that I was carrying an air rifle and it's like I hit the "off switch". The older gentleman promptly made an about face and walked off no sooner had I mentioned the air rifle. I've learned that if you get into the minutiae about anything people can't get away fast enough.

Reactions: ispinwool
Ahh yes, next time you’d like to be on your way discuss how and why you like the 18 grain over the 11 grain pellet. Explain the difference in ballistic arc….

Ahh yes, next time you’d like to be on your way discuss how and why you like the 18 grain over the 11 grain pellet. Explain the difference in ballistic arc….
For a second I thought I was on a different forum ;lol Even people that say they like shooting, guns, etc. get a glazed over look once I mention bullet weights or velocities.