your best guess on how much wood this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well its 615 am as soon as the sun starts to come up i will go out a try to stack it all

daylight pic of whats on the ground

Attachments

• flue pics.jpg
    flue pics.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 307
Well it is starting to look a little better now.

Agree with other posts, gotta stack it to be sure. Measurements and math don't lie.

i am very dissapointed i think i may have hit 3 maybe a little over will post pic later

edit here are some pics
the far left is 5 by 9 ft double stacked so it is not 4 ft wide
the midldle stack is closer or right at 4x4x8 (all three rows) the stuff up against the fence is 8ft wide double stacked and about 2 ft up
and lastly all the way to the right and whats on the ground is whats left so my guess is 3 cords

Attachments

• flue pics 004.jpg
    flue pics 004.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 252
  • flue pics 003.jpg
    flue pics 003.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 237
and then there is this

Attachments

• flue pics 006.jpg
    flue pics 006.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 235
If the splits are 16" long and you stack them six feet high then two rows 8 feet long will equal a cord. That's how I stack mine

karl said:
If the splits are 16" long and you stack them six feet high then two rows 8 feet long will equal a cord. That's how I stack mine

the one on the far left is double stacked 5ft high by 9ft so i gues we can call it a cord the middle is 4x4x8
and then the rest

Well don`t keep us in suspense!! How many cords?

sonnyinbc said:
Well don`t keep us in suspense!! How many cords?
i am gonna say 3

Attachments

• flue pics 004.jpg
    flue pics 004.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 296
  • flue pics 006.jpg
    flue pics 006.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 284
including this

Attachments

• flue pics 003.jpg
    flue pics 003.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 300
Forget the wood......I like the stone work in the yard with the walls.....what is the structure at the back of the yard made of stone ?

11 Bravo said:
Forget the wood......I like the stone work in the yard with the walls.....what is the structure at the back of the yard made of stone ?

well what you may or may not see there is a stone patio (the wood is on it)
then grass then the wall the actual "back yard" is behind the evergreens
what you see in the pictures is our hang out area
the stone in the walls is the same stone on my front stairway
this really isn't a good picture but the stairs kinda wrap a little

Attachments

• trt pictures 026.jpg
    trt pictures 026.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 289
11 Bravo said:
what you see at the end is a fire pit/ grill whatcha ma call it

Call the firewood dealer back and tell him you only received 3 cord and it's too wet. Maybe he will cut you a deal?

Todd said:
Call the firewood dealer back and tell him you only received 3 cord and it's too wet. Maybe he will cut you a deal?

i did he didn't sound happy he is coming over tomorrow

He didn't sound happy? Screw him, your the one that shelled out cash for a deal of 4.5 cords I think you said?
Tell him you'll be happy when he makes good. And tell him to bring ALL dry stuff to finish, and maybe throw another 1/2 extra of dry to make up for the wet.
That would be fair.

It's been my experience that most guys who split wood for a living didn't do that well in algebra class, if they took it at all. So I'm guessing that since your stacks aren't nice even cords, you're going to have a bit of an argument. Also, since it isn't all stacked he may say you have almost another cord laying around.

karl said:
It's been my experience that most guys who split wood for a living didn't do that well in algebra class, if they took it at all. So I'm guessing that since your stacks aren't nice even cords, you're going to have a bit of an argument. Also, since it isn't all stacked he may say you have almost another cord laying around.

i did finish stacking it just got dark so i didn't take a pic
when i was done i got maybe 2 rows half way high plus the other stuff that was 2 rows high so i called it a cord ... maybe ita a tad over three but not much
also i told him to look because it def not 4.5 cords
he said i shoulda got 4.5 min
his truck is good for 1.5 and alot of times its almost 1.75 a truckload
so i explained to him on the low side i should have at least 4.5 ... there is no way thats 4.5
i told him according to him 3 trucks would be min 4.5 with the high end 5.25 and i don't have it
he said ... lol there is no way he is off by 1.5 cords and from a financial point it would be better for him to come and take it and sell it rather than bring me another whole truck load for free...lol
i told him if he feels that way when he gets here tomorrow to feel free to take it...

How much did you pay? (if you don't mind my asking).

How come I am loving a vision I have of HogWildz standing there when the guy drives up. Da Hog Man is the nicest guy I have ever known. With the ability to kick da livin chit out of a wood man. And the wood man WOULD know it.

BrotherBart said:
How come I am loving a vision I have of HogWildz standing there when the guy drives up. Da Hog Man is the nicest guy I have ever known. With the ability to kick da livin chit out of a wood man. And the wood man WOULD know it.

Who? Lil ol me? *grins*
To start, seeing that way fresh wood, I would send that wood man home and tell him not to bother coming back unless he brings dry stuff.
And I would let it be known before he even got off the phone, that it better add up to what was agreed. Its always good to know where the woodman lives also. ;)
I am a fair, reasonable, fairly mellow guy. Try to avoid conflict. But I do NOT tolerate shysters or aholes. That just tends to bring out the Neanderthal.
I am fortunate. The gal at the bank down where I used to live got me my old home equity line of credit. Nice gal. Well after I moved here, she helped me get this mortgage and turns out her dad has an excavating business across the river from me. Small world. He brings me a dump load of about 3 cords of cuts for $150.00.
I got 2 loads a few weeks ago, and am very sore from cutting the ends & splitting this weekend ;). I don't expect it to be dry, but about 1/3 is ready and some already split. I am very lucky to have found a nice guy and good connection soon after moving here. At this price, it makes it real easy for me not to want to go scrounging.
I'd try the calm nice approach, and if that doesn't work, then its time to get a lil persuasive.

Might also try calling your state's "Weights & Measures" people - ask them what the rules are for making a complaint, what evidence they need, etc...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.