1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Your stove recommendations for our Farmhouse

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Casbeck, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wet1

Wet1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    USA
    Go take a peek at them and measure while you're there. You could also put a small jog in the flue if need be. Those prices aren't too bad either, I'm sure there's room to work with them as well.

Resistance is futile... :cheese:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Are you trying to heat the entire house or just a portion of it?

I personally don't think a 40K btu stove like the Princess will be large enough to heat the entire house. It will help a good deal, but I think many are discounting the wind. Wind strips the btus out of a house... especially with the large windows and french doors, etc. Also, the stove isn't going to be putting out 40K btus for the entire burn cycle.

The downside is you could easily heat a room to the point of being uncomfortable with a large stove.

Matt
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Modest sized house in the PacNW requires a lot less winter heat than central NY. Still, I like having the big guns when it gets cold. The Alderlea is a good fit for this climate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.