1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Your Wood Sheds. Post pics here.

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by clemsonfor, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clemsonfor

clemsonfor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    I know i dont have as much ahead as some of you but im working on this. Been in this house 4 winters and this is 2nd with a insert this is the first year for all year too.

Here are a few pics of this year before burning started, summer obviously with the leaves. Im gonna add on 9 more feet so i can space the rows out and try and get at least a year ahead.

One reason i built it so high is so i could drive my tractor into it if i wanted when i have it at the house in town.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. clemsonfor

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    Another pic.

And the last one was the best day i ever had cutting wood. Had one of my loggers load the hardwood onto my trailer with the loader, no work involved!! And Free too!

Attached Files:

3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    I have shed envy. :cheese:
  4. clemsonfor

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    Im sure yours is much bigger and fuller!

But i built that shed with tin i got fro free from helping a co-worker take down the shed. He gave me the shed in pieces for my help. enough tin for the roof and the future 9ft extention. enough treated 2x4s also for the rafters, also all the tin screw from shed. Only think i bought to build it was treated 1x4s for stickers, 2 4x4x8 posts , 2 4x4x10 posts, 4 bags of quickrete (i think?) adn the 2x8 x16 headers.

The extention hopefully will come before spring. Will be a 9ft addition to the left. Will need the posts headers rafters and stickers.
  5. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Very "cold" shed :)

Attached Files:

6. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Awesome... :coolsmile:
  7. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    One for splits worthy of stacking, one for everything else.

Attached Files:

8. clemsonfor

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    AHHHHHHH

Thats a shed and wood supply to be envious over!!
  9. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    .........and, I have "load" envy!!!! Man, I wish I could find a logger or service around here that would supply me with logs like that!! I'll hafta take a pic of my shed to share since I have not posted it with wood inside.
  10. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    June 2011 Shed at parents acreage out in the sticks about 4 cords with roughly 8-9 more between the trees nearby.

Some of it June -Dec 2011

Attached Files:

11. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    What did you write on the Private Property sign? If you are close enough to be reading this, you are likely being watched through my scope?
  12. Beardog

Beardog Member

Loc:
    NW CT
    Hahaha
  13. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    "No Stealing". Hadnt been out there in a couple weeks,noticed one day in April 2010 there was almost 1 p/u load missing at the back on north end (far right in pic).At the time parents didnt have any gate etc across the very steep winding gravel driveway.We believe it was neighbor 1/8th mile south.When they bought the property 31 yrs ago from the older farm couple who lived there (since both deceased) it was in the contract that as long as parents lived there,the property owners to the south were to provide water from their well,since this didnt have any.

Thinking they just pulled up & helped themselves.Dad & I since fixed that,there's a heavy chain/cable 'gate' with padlock across the drive,about 1/2 way up from the road.Just outside of the utility pole,so REC meter reader can do their thing then back down the driveway when done.When propane is delivered for that tiny house once a year,parents meet the guy out there & have the driveway open.Too many chances for vandals & thieves to cause mayhem when no one is home,since its pretty isolated & 7 miles from nearest small town.The cable/padlock at least will slow people down,they cant cut across the yard in a 4 wheel vehicle either without getting stuck or high-centered on a stump & other obstacles either muhahaha

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      141.4 KB
      Views:
  14. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    This one holds 20 rows, 7.5' x 9'. Predominate winds hit it on the end facing. Works really well as you can pull/load from either end.

Attached Files:

15. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Real nice rottiman! That holds a lot of wood! Cheers!
  16. Got Wood

Got Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Dutchess Cty, NY
    My Pallet "shed" built under my deck near the garage. Holds about 3/4 cord.

Attached Files:

17. ecocavalier02

ecocavalier02 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ct
    my wood shed

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      63.1 KB
      Views:
  18. Pat53

Pat53 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    UP Mich
    14 cords red oak

Attached Files:

19. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I'd have to refer to the 'Castle Law' here in PA if someone came and took my wood. Because I consider that pile of wood (with my blood, sweat, and tears in it) an extension of my family.......would probably shoot someone if they took a single piece of it!!.....lol....
  20. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    Here's mine again...

Attached Files:

Lewiston likes this.
  21. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Yeah, and then there's Blue's woodshed.......another redneck Cadillac in the woodshed world.......you are tied for first with BogyDave in the woodshed world.....lol.....that is truly a work of redneck art right there brothers!!
  22. wannabegreener

wannabegreener Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    I think all full woodsheds are pretty awesome. I'm joining the envious group here. I think we need a wood shed design crew so we can all have one. Then we will need a c/s/s group to get them full.

I just showed the wife some pictures and she just rolled her eyes. It is on my list of projects that I hope to get done in the spring time. I built a tool shed a couple of years ago and now have my eyes on one of these. The problems is that my land slopes where I want it. Ilike blue's shed design. I like how it is deep and the roof design. I also like being able to store/hide the trailer on the side.

Nice work everyone. Keep the pics coming for those of us that need/want one.
  23. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    This went up in 2008. It'll never match the beauties shown here, but it was a fun project and the first time at building something like this. I thought it was done, but I like it so much that I am now considering adding another bay this summer.

Attached Files:

24. ScotO

ScotO Guest

BeGreen that's a nice shack too! You guys are making me antsy.....I gotta get my butt in gear on this project!
  25. Lumber-Jack

Lumber-Jack Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Beautiful British Columbia
    Here's a picture of ours, and a video of the boys filling her up.
    I'm sure glad we built it, makes storing firewood a lot easier, and neater.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.