1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Yuengling Beer

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by raybonz, Oct 30, 2011.

1. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    I watch that movie every christmas eve and day....its usually on for 24 hours straight on TBS..so it is always on in the background....after seeing it once on Christmas eve...Mr Gamma is done with it...
    :lol:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MofoG23

MofoG23 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western PA - Steeler Country!
    Same here - always my "go to" beer...for the price, you can't beat it.

I have a case of Lager and Black 'n Tan in my beer fridge right now.
  3. MofoG23

MofoG23 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western PA - Steeler Country!
    I know Columbus and Canton now has it...

I no longer have to make my "run" for friends out there. :)
  4. Battenkiller

Battenkiller Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside the Blue Line
    I went to a chainsaw carving get together last Feb and some guy had carved a replica out of a pine log. Stood right out against a background of bears, owls and wolves.
  5. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    I would have bought the leg. Hmmm, maybe a future wood project. Cherry leg with maple lampshade.
  6. Blue Vomit

Blue Vomit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    eastern PA
    Fra Gi Le... it's Italian!
  7. fishingpol

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    :lol: Exactly.
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Just don't ever bad mouth cheesesteaks or root for the Dallas Cowboys in Philly. Those guy's know how to throw a punch. Take my word for it.

BB - Who was fortunate enough to have a 6' 4" 260 pound friend with him at that ball game.
  9. TreePointer

TreePointer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western PA
    In the early 1990's, one of my buddies from eastern PA brought in a case of this funny sounding beer and told me to try it. I said, "No way am I drinking your crazy Japanese beer! You go first."

It turns out that my buddy grew up near Pottsville and was so excited to finally see Yuengling in Pittsburgh that he bought us a couple cases.
  10. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    The Vet had it's own magistrate in-house for a reason.

Why does this situation not surprise me for you BB :lol:

BTW, I've had a bunch of Philly cheese steaks from the Pats / Geno's to those at several pubs and the only thing theirs have on my own is the bread. The meat left something to be desired. Can't get bread like that around here.

pen
  11. BrotherBart

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The guy that took the two big ones and left the smaller ones to me told me that if I ever went to Philly with him in that Resistol hat and Tony Lama boots again he would kick my ass for them.

We didn't do too bad. But that was twenty years ago.
  12. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Agreed. No likey. I like BK's pick of Sierra Nevada, but I almost always go for a local brew. Smuttynose kicks arse over Shipyard (IMO) in the locals category, and I met the one man operation that is Squam Brewing (bottles by hand)- the stout is not to be missed.

[​IMG]
  13. rover47

rover47 Member

Loc:
    Albany New York
    Seeing that this has sort gone off thread have any of you seen the summer sequel to the Christmas story? "Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss." The family goes on summer vacation. Real funny. Christmas story a favorite here, Lifeboy anyone? :) And yes as a beer snob, Yeungling has good stuff can get here in Albany NY all the time.
  14. fishingpol

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    At one of my old jobs, some genius decided to buy a block of Red Sox/Yankee tickets at Fenway so a group of us could go. Well, the seats were crap, and after the third or fourth busload of Yankee fans sat all around us and filled the section, we kept our mouths shut and left after a few innings. We faked cheered for the Yankees to get out of that section with life and limb.
  15. BrotherBart

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    To keep it on topic, I was actually going down to get us a couple of local brews when the bad boys decided to come up behind me and tell me what they were going to do to that hat. When I turned around I noticed two were wearing "Dallas Sucks" cast belt buckles. I suspected they didn't have one of those for each team the Eagles played. Fortunately that former defensive lineman for Texas A&M and bench warmer for the Kansas City Chiefs had seen them moving in and came up behind them about the time the poop hit the prop.

Cops broke it up pretty quick after the bruising began and some nice folks hung around to tell them what happened. Five to two was pretty obvious anyway.

I went and put the hat in the car and Dallas barely lost in the last two minutes so we got out alive. :lol:
  16. Stump_Branch

Stump_Branch Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD
    To bad rolling rock left pa. Moms grew up there.

Love yuengling, black and tan and lord chesterfield ale are good too.

Can someone tell me another town near potsville?
  17. alleghenyman

alleghenyman Member

Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    I went to college in Central PA in the late 90's and got half of my calories from $6 pitchers of Yuengling. It's been fun to watch it become more popular. It's a bit sour sometimes but it's got a great and authentic history. I brew my own beer and love microbrews but there's something so timeless about good old Yuengling.