1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Yukon Big Jack water heating tubes

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by johnsopi, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    Does anyone heat their hot water with the water heating tubes on the B.J? Is it worth it.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The big jack is a furnace. I would think a boiler would be the more appropriate device for heating water.
  3. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    I'm not a plumber, actually I hate plumbing, so I haven't done it yet. But I am going to set it up, planning on 2010, or if I can trade some of my wood to a plumber friend for him doing it, then I will in 2009.

I think to really do it right, you need to preheat from the furnace into a separate hot water tank, then your propane or electric hot water tank draws from that.

There are a few threads that talk about this very issue, just do some searching for hot water or yukon, or ...
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  5. CrappieKeith

CrappieKeith New Member

Loc:
    Northern Mn.
    The Hot Rods are a pre heater.They have the capacity to make 18 gallons per hour at an 80 degree rise.
    They can be plumbed in a few different ways.Like Craig mentioned in his post there is a link to go look at them.
    They sell for $208.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.