1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Zero clearance chimney

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by firebuckeye, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firebuckeye

firebuckeye New Member

Does any body make a zero clearance chimney? I have a 6" b vent system in my home that was double wall and enclosed in a 9"x9" wood chase. Is there any way to run a wood burning chimney through it. After I rip out the metalbestos b vent? I seen a post for zero clearance liners and that is what made me think there might be an option for me. I sized it out with the traditional double wall pipe and 2" clearance tocombustibles and I do not have enough room. Hopefully someone can advise

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    im not aware of one that will fit in that tight an enclosure and still provide clearances necessary. i would imagine that a "zero clearance" pipe would likely be too large an OD for that size as well. i may be wrong but i do not think you will find one. you might check with simpson duravent at www.duravent.com or call them at 800-245-6489 and inquire. if it exists im sure they will let you know about it. i hope im wrong and you find somthing compatable that still meets code. good luck in your search.

gave wrong phone number for duravent 800-835-4429 sorry , my mistake, gave you my office number , lol
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Nothing I know of. I think you need to enlarge it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.