1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuck172

chuck172 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sussex County, NJ
    I have 4 heating zones controlled by zone valves. I also have a 40 gallon superstor with it's own zone valve. I'd like to make the superstor have priority over the heating zones. Is there a simple inexpensive way to do this?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mysticfalcon

mysticfalcon New Member

Loc:
    Northern VT
    A taco ZVC control will prioritize the hot water zone.
  3. WoodNotOil

WoodNotOil Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern, Vermont
    Depending on how your system is wired, you could put in an inexpensive relay (like the one I used $8 I think) that interupts the 110vac going to your thermostat controlled relay box(s) that would simply deprive them of electricity if the superstore is on. If you do that, make sure it has a very high Amp rating as it will handle the amp load of at least the 4 pumps probably. If you have seperate feeds you could use multiple relays etc. Once you involve a lot of relays and armored cable, it may be more cost effective to use a commercial product like Mysticfalcon suggested.
  4. chuck172

chuck172 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sussex County, NJ
    Yeah, a zone control with priority is probably the best way to go about it. If anything, I'd like to simplify my wiring. It's a rats' nest now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.