“Cool blue” grinding wheels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
In past threads discussing chain grinders, I remember seeing reference to “cool blue” grinding wheels, which cut cooler and faster than the typical pink Aluminum Oxide wheels furnished with most grinders. However, I can’t seem to find them today, in searching the forums.

Any recommendations, here? Always looking for a way to speed my grinding chores, and reduce tooth burn as much as possible.

I have seen the red carborundum stones, but haven’t seen much in the way of comparison between them and Aluminum Oxide.

Can't find anything either Ashful, all I can find is Kool Grind, but not for chain sharpeners.