05 accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brooney

Sep 6, 2015
Canton Ct
Hello,

New to the pellet world and I am looking at a 05 accentra. Looks to be in decent shape. They tell me that nothing has been replaced. They are asking $1500 and that includes the liner. Is this too high?

Thanks

Markets for pellet stoves are different area to area. If it needs nothing but a bag of pellets and has some venting its a fair price IMO for it if when you test it and everything runs and starts up and it runs all the fans properly. Seems the pellet stove market has softened up some this year with conventional heating fuels being so low and have no fuss involved with their use. I will be trying to sell of a couple stoves next week and will see what the market is. Advantage I have is the stoves are both able to burn corn which is very cheap around here.
Start a bit lower and see where it goes. A new combustion fan is 101 at Amazon. I would be replacing the gaskets on the doors at a minimal after a very intense cleaning before installing.
Welcome

I agree that is a good price if working well. Might need a tech to figure out if that rattle is significant

I paid $1500 for my '07 Accentra insert last year.

Might need a tech to figure out if that rattle is significant
I would pull the room fan and clean it properly. Dust bunnies can make for an imbalance and poor air movement. And while its out check the motor to see if it has oil ports that may need a drop or two of oil.

So I told them that I was concerned with the blower noise and couldn't pay more than $1100 and they agreed. Picking it up next week and it feels like a good price to me. I am going to pull it apart and clean everything top to bottom. I will dig through the forum for cleaning tips/tricks, but let me know if anyone has specific pointers.

Thanks

That's a good price and the break in $$$ should cover any issue with a fan etc. Probably a loose hanger bolt or in need of a good cleaning. I would install a new set of door gaskets while its out too. Simple and pretty cheap bit of insurance.
Send us some pictures of you new to you stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.