'06 Accentra Insert Docking issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Whitney Inn

Dec 17, 2023
NJ
I've replaced the docking pads on my '06 Accentra Insert. They're gray colored and seem to be firmer than my orange pads. Now I'm having an issue fully inserting and engaging the latches at the sides of the stove. It's only about 1/8 from catching. The surround casting hasn't fully seated with the top of the stove hopper either.

I have the rail kit. That worked great for pulling it out and almost all the way back into place.

Some of the webbed fabric material that covers the skid, has started to come apart. But only at the front 3 in or so.
Can this be an issue in getting the stove to fully engage the latches? Is there a replacement for this skid material? It looks like a door webbed fabric gasket. Is there something else I may have overlooked in getting this insert to fully seat?

Is there some sort of ratcheting strap that can be inserted into the insert latch area to pull the unit in?

THANKS

I’m thinking that there’s some interference & is catching on the mounting frame. That insert should roll right into the frame. Exactly how stiff is the new seal pad?

I’ve always had trouble getting one of my latches (left side) to catch. Next time I pull my stove out I’m going to see if there’s any way to adjust it.
I replaced the webbing on my skids a few years ago, I found some on Amazon with a peel and stick adhesive on the back. Seems to be working fine. If I can find the purchase in my history I’ll post a link.

I’m thinking that there’s some interference & is catching on the mounting frame. That insert should roll right into the frame. Exactly how stiff is the new seal pad?
It is "denser" than the other. Going to give it another shove this weekend. If that doesn't work then going to replace the skid slide material. Going to order material anyway.

I’ve always had trouble getting one of my latches (left side) to catch. Next time I pull my stove out I’m going to see if there’s any way to adjust it.
I replaced the webbing on my skids a few years ago, I found some on Amazon with a peel and stick adhesive on the back. Seems to be working fine. If I can find the purchase in my history I’ll post a link.
Thanks! I found Teflon tape. But it wouldn't be as thick and cost small fortune. Not to mention a possible issue with docking properly.