100.00 load of wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1

You guys are so lucky with your free wood. I got this load put on trailer with a trackhoe for 100.00 and could have loaded all I could put on! As it was, it was heavy. I have been known to break stuff! This was the second load, first was maple, really heavy!!! Drive was 60 miles round trip. Tim

Attachments

• DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC00281.JPG
    DSC00281.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00282.JPG
    DSC00282.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 237
I would not burn wood if i had to buy it...coal is a better alternative where Ilive. I just have so much around my house though so I almost have to burn it! How much does a cord that is cut and split go for in your area? If I wanted...I could get a cord for $150 pretty easy here in PA.

Looks like a super load. I miss Mt Hood.

In my opinion, that's a SWEET load for a C-note;).... I live out here where wood is tough to harvest..... I would give $100 bucks very easy for what you got!:cool:

Very nice load, if I couldn't find scrounges I would pay $100 for that

Reactions: ScotO
Hell yeah I'd grab that for a hundo.

that load needs to go to a sawyer! esp the one on the second tier closest to the camera.... I don't pay anything more than saw/splitter gas and diesel for the JD1050 for my wood... I always keep an eye out for saw logs.. I've got 3 NICE 8' hickory saw logs out of the fieldline I am working right now.... it will (eventually) end up being the flooring in my dining room....

I would take that load for a hundred and I can get free wood, but... thats easy wood to obtain. Sometimes its tough scrounging or
pulling wood out of the woods. That nice load comes right to your house.:)

if it's hard maple that's great /

if it's not still ok just not that great & doesn't really get better with more yrs of seasoning on it

but that looks like fresh so 1-2yrs after split

I live in woods & still buy wood

so don't feel bad for buying wood:p
""
I got 10+ cord of soft Maple for "FREE" on 3 yr it was campfire wood

Hardest work of my life 5' + trunk

Wood here runs 200 a cord dropped in your driveway. It is split though. Got plenty of time to season as I have 9 cords put up. tim

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
Nice looking load there Tim and for around here that is a really good price. Last summer my neighbor's son sold about 8 cords of oak (cut/split/delivered) for no less than $325 per cord :eek: Great college money to say the least.

Looks like a good deal to me. I have a local tree cutting company that will bring me a load just slightly bigger than that for $100, delivered. When ever they are cutting in the area.

You guys are so lucky with your free wood. I got this load put on trailer with a trackhoe for 100.00 and could have loaded all I could put on! As it was, it was heavy. I have been known to break stuff! This was the second load, first was maple, really heavy!!! Drive was 60 miles round trip. Tim

I agree about the lucky Tim but out east, there is so much that just rots that it isn't funny. If I didn't have our own woodlot to cut on, I could still cut all the wood I need and could still probably haul it all home with the atv because I wouldn't have to go very far. I was even offered this winter to cut all the white oak I needed; no cost. But I had plenty enough to do on our own place so that is where we cut.

No doubt in your area that would also be a really good buy. I see you put a few in the truck too. I say a good job well done at a decent price.

I don't see a thing wrong with that for 100.

for a hundy? great score!!

Status
Not open for further replies.