10CPM or 25EP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rexrules

Oct 6, 2012
Getting ready to replace my 25PDVC with something a little bit better.

I have been looking at the refurb 10CPM & 25EP from AMFM Energy. 10CPM looks like it needs a little less daily maintenance, but lacks the heat exchange tubes of the 25EP. The 10CPM is about $150 more than the 25EP.

I wish I could get a look at each stove in person, but that's not going to happen. Currently heating about 1500 SQFT and the 25PDVC does a pretty good job at keeping it above 68 except on the days where it is below 25. I really want to get totally away from oil. Is the 10CPM worth the extra $150?

If you plan on only ever burning pellets, then go with the EP. That was going to be my original 1st choice, but I also wanted the flexibility of the multi-fuel CPM. With the way things are going these days, looks like there's no chance I'll be burning corn, cherry pits, or any other "alternative" fuels.

Getting ready to replace my 25PDVC with something a little bit better.

I have been looking at the refurb 10CPM & 25EP from AMFM Energy. 10CPM looks like it needs a little less daily maintenance, but lacks the heat exchange tubes of the 25EP. The 10CPM is about $150 more than the 25EP.

I wish I could get a look at each stove in person, but that's not going to happen. Currently heating about 1500 SQFT and the 25PDVC does a pretty good job at keeping it above 68 except on the days where it is below 25. I really want to get totally away from oil. Is the 10CPM worth the extra $150?

I replaced my pdvc with an EP from AM/FM....I love my stove!

I love m cpm. Eats any pellet and great heat output. Well worth the $150 extra.

I also replace my pdvc with the EP. I love it!! Its a great stove, it's easy to maintain and it burns just about any pellet with ease..

I own a CPM, and if I Knew the EP had a better heat exchange system, I would have bought it....

Hindsight is 20/20. . As imacman says, if your burnin pellets only? Go EP.

Classy look, tube type exchange system, and customer service that's second to none (plus Mike H here ;))

is the EP's heat output that much more noticeable than the cpm? does anyone own both that can comment?

I was thinking of picking one of the EP's up. Found one at a clearance price and thought it might be good for basement/future family room but it says its only rated at 25,100 btus on high/max. Seems kinda wimpy btu output. Wondering if that is a typo....

I was thinking of picking one of the EP's up. Found one at a clearance price and thought it might be good for basement/future family room but it says its only rated at 25,100 btus on high/max. Seems kinda wimpy btu output. Wondering if that is a typo....

Thats about 3 lbs per hour!!! On High!!!

IIRC, it has a 60 lb hopper? (To lazy to look up). But at 3 lbs an hour, it would take 20 hrs to burn a whole hopper up? That seems like a looong time to me?

mmmmmmm.....??

Thats about 3 lbs per hour!!! On High!!!

IIRC, it has a 60 lb hopper? (To lazy to look up). But at 3 lbs an hour, it would take 20 hrs to burn a whole hopper up? That seems like a looong time to me?

mmmmmmm.....??

Dex,
Here are the specs from the manual:
Heating Specifications
Heat Output Range** ............................................ 10,700 BTU/hr – 25,100 BTU/hr
Approximate Pellet Burn Rate** ............................................... 1.6 lb/hr – 3.9 lb/hr
Maximum Burn Time** .............................................................................. 40 hours
Approximate Square Footage Heated*** ...................................... 800 - 2000 sq. ft.
Hopper Capacity ....................................................................................... 45 pounds

3 lbs. an hour is a fair amount of heat. Running both my stoves I usually don't burn more than 4 lbs an hour.

Dex,
Here are the specs from the manual:
Heating Specifications
Heat Output Range** ............................................ 10,700 BTU/hr – 25,100 BTU/hr
Approximate Pellet Burn Rate** ............................................... 1.6 lb/hr – 3.9 lb/hr
Maximum Burn Time** .............................................................................. 40 hours
Approximate Square Footage Heated*** ...................................... 800 - 2000 sq. ft.
Hopper Capacity ....................................................................................... 45 pounds

3 lbs. an hour is a fair amount of heat. Running both my stoves I usually don't burn more than 4 lbs an hour.

2-3 lbs an hr is all I need for the most part.

But I never would have thought that was a 30,000 BTU stove (that 25,100 is listed as Output). The 1.6-3.9 lbs is 2.3 lbs per hr range. Or about 1/4 lb per hour per setting, increase. Just seems very minimal?

Learned something new today ;em I would've put money on it being in the 40,000 range?

I had my 25-ep for 3 years now and i think it gives great heat output for a nice looking little stove, the only negative is the longest it can go without cleaning is about 2 to 3 nights depending how high you run the stove, right now its 40 outside and i have it on 1-1 and house living floor is 77 upstairs is 70, but overall very happy with the money i spent and the englander service...

I bought the 10-cpm thinking I'd be burning more multi-fuel than I am. Under Mike's recommendation I burned 1/2 corn and 1/2 pellets, and really liked the results!

I had my 25-ep for 3 years now and i think it gives great heat output for a nice looking little stove, the only negative is the longest it can go without cleaning is about 2 to 3 nights depending how high you run the stove, right now its 40 outside and i have it on 1-1 and house living floor is 77 upstairs is 70, but overall very happy with the money i spent and the englander service...
2-3 days would be great! I can maybe make it one day burning on 3-5 right now with the 25pdvc.

Status
Not open for further replies.