14 year old Quadra Fire Santa Fe rust advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mattwade808

Dec 1, 2009
Central IL
I went to change the combustion blower on our much loved Santa Fe and found pretty bad rust on the flange where the fan screws to. It was actually hanging there quite loosely and some of the screw holes are no more. I don't have confidence in my ability to repair it. If it was your stove, would you replace it or find someone to repair this rot? The stove runs great otherwise and I am getting quotes for a brand new Santa Fe just in case. I'll still have the old one for parts. 14 years seems like a decent lifespan I guess especially when factoring in that all but 1 winter of that was burning corn. Any thoughts? Thanks

20230102_104523.jpg 20230102_104531.jpg

For anyone who needs to know at a later date, the rust out is on the combustion blower housing which can be replaced. I did not realize "convection cover" could be removed. I've only ever replaced these motors and never the actual housing. Thanks

Reactions: Mt Bob
My contour is basically the same design. Mine was quite rusty when I just tore it down to refurbish everything. I did order a new housing to replace at the end of the year