1402 blower mod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madmaths

Oct 18, 2013
new-brunswick
Hi! this Is my first thread here ! a lot of good info! I'm a forum fan!!

I have a question :
I have a Wood Burning Insert
1402 but a older model with fan, I would like to know if its possible to modify this fan set up for a blower ( squirrel blower ) like the earlier model. i want a more quiet set up!
thanks!! ( I'm a electromecanical so I'm use to do some mod! )

Hey Madmaths, welcome to hearth. Just to confirm: you have a Napoleon 1402 insert. Pictures of your current set up would be helpful. I'm probably not much help with this specific question, but I'm curious of what you come up with, and the replies.

I actually think the older 1402 is called the 1401, but I'm not positive.

Hey Madmaths, welcome to hearth. Just to confirm: you have a Napoleon 1402 insert. Pictures of your current set up would be helpful. I'm probably not much help with this specific question, but I'm curious of what you come up with, and the replies.

Yes your right its a 1401!! I will take son pic as soon I finish my painting! ;)

Man, you are getting no love over here. I found this image. I'm sure it's not much help. Your next step may be to directly contact a forum member who has a 1402 and see if they are willing to take pics for you. napoleon 1402 fan.JPG

I have an older 1401 or 1402 too. It has the old fans that are quite loud so I'm looking to do the same mod. Have looked at it and it should not be to hard if you don't mind cutting out the mounting plate for the existing fans. I'm sure i have seen the blowers on ebay. I recently installed the latest generation Fiber Baffles in mine too. I was hoping for some better performance but it seems to burn too fast now.

Status
Not open for further replies.