$145 for a chimney cleaning seem about right?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Title says it all.
2 story home - full liner from top to insert - insert is actually removed for repairs.
Seems a little steep, but perhaps not?

For MA that might be a little high, but it's probably in the ballpark. I'd call around or possibly see if he's willing to work a little better deal if you agree to use him going forward.

Seems a bit high if it's just chimney sweeping. My guy (back when I used him prior to getting my own cleaning gear; it's been three years I think) charged about $160, but he also cleaned my wood stove vent piping (time consuming due to dis-assemby and re-assembly) and vacuumed the inside of the stove.

My sweep here in MA (Milford) charges $125 for my setup all the way to the stove. PM me if you want his name/number, perhaps he will service up to your area. I think he is a good guy, but then again, he's also the only sweep I have had any experience with. He shows up when he says he will (always a good thing eh?), appears to do good work etc. He did the install of my setup and the inspector commented that he did/does good work so that was reassuring.

My sweep charged $120 for a sweep and stove cleaning. Well worth it because my liner warranty states that the liner must be cleaned annually by a licensed chimney sweep to honor the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.