Vinelife Posted By Vinelife, Mar 19, 2019 at 9:35 PM

1. Vinelife

Vinelife
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 31, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Any using these pellets this last season notice that they are burning weird ?? I'm really good about keeping my stove clean as I have had a pellet stove for 9 years now. I noticed that when burning them this year they don't break down in the pot as much and create the fly ash that is normal. I look down into the pot and they are glowing red, but are not dissolving into bits. I guess this is the only way I can explain it. So after about 20 hours of burning, the pot gets about 2 inches of these at the bottom. Where normally they would break down and turn into fly ash and fly upward into the box. Anyone else experiencing this with the Pro Pellets this year or at least noticed that they are different ? Ty...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    pretty much everybody is having issues with many brands. from what i read, wet summers lead to junk pellets

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wooden Head

Wooden Head
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Sep 14, 2009
    Loc:
    West Michigan
    This year I've burned ProPellets from last year and this year and have not noticed any difference. The last year product was stored on a pallet in the poll barn since January of 2018. Both last years and this have burned well with little ash. My stove is a Quad SantaFe

4. David M

David M
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 13, 2015
    Loc:
    Sand Lake NY
    I have the same situation with pellets that I have ordered for the last five years. The Pacific Cleanfire Blend pellets this year are terrible.

5. railfanron

railfanron
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2013
    Loc:
    Perry MI
    I burned them again this year and they worked fine.
    Ron

6. tlc1976

tlc1976
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Northwest Lower Michigan
    Only difference I have noticed this season is more fines, and a few more long pellets (which I snap if I see them). My stove pushes fines through no problem. But for me they burn just as good, just as hot, and my stove stays just as clean, if not cleaner than last season. No blockage or buildup in the burn pot even after burning nonstop for a week. Just a little scale on the bottom of course.

These come from southwest Michigan. Don't know what it was like there. I keep reading about the wet summer. Up here I think we had one of the driest summers on record.