1923 Ford Model T vs 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
What will the model Y be compared to in 100 years?? Or will a 100 year old Model Y still be running? I doubt it.

What will the model Y be compared to in 100 years?? Or will a 100 year old Model Y still be running? I doubt it.
To be fair very few model ts are running now

To be fair very few model ts are running now
True. But I have more faith in the simple analog systems of the MT than the highly digitally integrated systems of the MY. No will find a MY that been in a barn for 40+ years with a working battery.

I’m not sure Ford envisioned his Model T running after 100 years. Odds are he’d be horrified that someone didn’t buy an updated car.

Interesting video. Kind of biased but we all have opinions, biased or not.
Time will tell with Tesla. I work on Priuses every day. I used to think they were complex.
In 1923, I suspect people thought the Model T was complex.

From my simple experience, Priuses just last. If you can deal with the rust here in Maine, the electronics are pretty bullet proof. EV's are far simpler than hybrids.

One thing to note: at the Ford Museum in Deerborn, they pulled out Mrs. Ford's electric car that sat for years. Put in new batteries and off it went. These are apple and oranges comparisons.
Suffice it to say, electric cars are not going away this time.

Thanks :rolleyes:, I just lost an hour skimming through all 18 videos of the rebuild. (Actually it's very good and I didn't get a spot of rust or grease on me.) He covers the full rebuild (done in 18 parts) in this much shorter abridged version.

My Grandfather’s father worked with Edison. My Grandfather once mentioned throwing out the battery from the basement that was from the electric car that his father and Edison worked on.

Reactions: begreen