1929 wood fireplace. Just wanted to share, and say thanks.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marconis

Dec 13, 2021
NY
I’m not sure if this post is in-line with the spirit of this forum, as it’s rather pointless, but just wanted to share a photo of the fireplace that brings me and my family so much joy. We moved in this last April, and it’s definitely our favorite feature of the house. I really appreciate everything I’ve learned from this site — I don’t even have a stove and I love reading about y’all’s setups. We have another inactive stove chimney with a platform already made that we may put a liner in and pop a stove on it.

Anyway, thanks for sharing all of your knowledge. It’s certainly made me understand wood, chimneys, and fireplace safety more than I ever expected to.

770710D8-3A10-4786-85A9-3399FAEADBA6.jpeg BD12033A-86E8-4C8B-A025-7A06216A0258.jpeg

Last edited:
It certainly is in line. Glad you could learn from the site

Reactions: Marconis
Maybe there are more complaints than thank you's. Your post is a welcome balancing of that. Stay warm!

Reactions: enordy