1977 Vigilant spark screen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Firemom

Feb 27, 2020
Jersey
Newbie here with a 1977 Vigilant. Is it possible to get a spark screen for this model? I renovated an old house with this stove in it and just got it hooked up again. I thought there was a spark screen with it but disappeared during renovation. I would like to get another one. Any ideas? Also when using it as a “fireplace” what is the best way to set the damper, and the other air intakes ( I’ve done some reading on this site but still don’t know the proper terms!). Thanks for any info.

Newbie here with a 1977 Vigilant. Is it possible to get a spark screen for this model? I renovated an old house with this stove in it and just got it hooked up again. I thought there was a spark screen with it but disappeared during renovation. I would like to get another one. Any ideas? Also when using it as a “fireplace” what is the best way to set the damper, and the other air intakes ( I’ve done some reading on this site but still don’t know the proper terms!). Thanks for any info.
Good luck, I can't find one either not for the vigilant