1984 Lopi Answer A1, A2, or A3. Brick Lined Roof... Why is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

777funk

Sep 12, 2014
MO
I noticed that there is a row of angled fire bricks across the top surface of this unit. I'm not sure what they're in there for. Is it to shield the top plate from extreme temps? Does it serve any in re-burn? Probably not... but curious there.

Anyone have experience with the old Answer series? Would it be possible to install re-burn tubes?

I noticed that there is a row of angled fire bricks across the top surface of this unit. I'm not sure what they're in there for. Is it to shield the top plate from extreme temps? Does it serve any in re-burn? Probably not... but curious there.

Anyone have experience with the old Answer series? Would it be possible to install re-burn tubes?
This is an early attempt for reburn. Have this on my m520, actually works pretty well. Get some pretty secondary burns.