1990 Pellet Master Stove wood pellet or coal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toofast4u9100

Dec 24, 2005
Hello! I have a Pellet Master stove that came with our home but I don't have any information for it. On one site, it looks like a model CRX/PM 2000 but the year was listed as 1992-1996. The tag on the back of my stove says 1990, it also states that it can burn a 1/4" to 3/8" wood pellet (which I have been burning) OR a 3/4" coal nugget. I tried burning rice coal, it worked when mixed with wood pellets but the auger sounded like it was binding and that made me nervous. I was told that there is a coal kit... don't know what this is. They stated that it is no longer available. Can I fabricate my own coal kit? One coal supplier thought I should burn rice coal, but I don't want to break anything. I think Pea coal might be a possibility. Can anyone give me information on this stove with burning coal?

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated!
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.