1993 Vermont Castings Encore 2190 needs new airflow controller assembly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David C. York

Dec 30, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
The approximately 2 feet long wire running from the airflow controller handle at top right of stove came apart. So the handle no longer opens the small air intake flapper on the very back bottom of Encore 2190. How do I do the install of new wire? I have off the right side panel but wonder what other parts come off before I can start the repair? Thank you for your help. This is also know as part number 43 (Primary air controller assembly) or #500-0337.

I'd just go to the hardware store and buy the same gauge wire. Cut up a piece a couple inches longer, straighten out the wire so that it lays flat on a table. Then bend it to attach to the top control and the bottom flap. Trim if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.